The Center for HPV Research will achieve its mission by:
- Creating recognition around IUPUI’s outstanding strengths and accomplishments in the area of HPV research
- Fostering world-class, collaborative research that leads to coauthored publications and multi-investigator research grants that support the submission of an NIH-sponsored, HPV-focused program project/center grant application within 3 years’ time
- Disseminating relevant research findings related to prevention of HPV infection and HPV-related cancers to the community through outreach and health policy advocacy
- Funding interdisciplinary biological, clinical, and behavioral/social science pilot research projects that lead to independent extramural funding
- Supporting the professional development of junior faculty who engage in trans-disciplinary HPV research through association with the Center, pilot project funding, and community engagement
- The Center for HPV Research is funded through the IUPUI Signature Centers Initiative and the generous support of the IU School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics; and the IU Simon Cancer Center.