PGY 1 - Mid-year retreat
We value our resident physicians and provide them with one of the best benefits packages in the country. In addition, Indiana University offers many fringe benefits and perks for you, your spouse/partner and family.
- FREE health and dental insurance for you, your spouse/partner and dependents - a value of over $14,000 for family coverage.
- FREE life insurance
- FREE disability insurance
- FREE medical malpractice insurance
- $2,250 in educational allowances for meeting, travel, Boards prep, texts, etc.
- FREE monorail transportation between hospitals
- Meal money provided for on call nights
- Lunch catered daily at conferences
- Pagers provided
- White coats and scrub suits provided
- Private, single person, centrally located and security-protected call rooms
- FREE parking at all hospitals
- Resident lounge with TV, library, conference room and work computers
- Up to $1,000 for a special educational meeting for PL-2 and PL-3 residents
- Faculty advisors and mentors to guide your progress
- Career retreat in PGY3 year tailored to each residency class with concentrated discussions on career choices, financial management and medical-legal issues
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification and re-certification are integrated into the training program.
FRINGE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Yearly retreats with coverage
- Orientation Week with introduction to the hospital, your peers and Indianapolis--including social events for you and your family
- Elective opportunities at international health locations
- Ticket lottery for local cultural and sporting events and attractions
- FREE software – Photoshop, Office Enterprise with PowerPoint-Word-Excel, Endnote
- FREE tuition – 3 credit hours per semester with 50% reduction for additional 3 credit hours
- Discount tickets on IU sports and theater events
- Natatorium swimming memberships at reduced rates
- National Institute of Fitness membership at discounted prices
- On campus child care at award winning Center for Young Children