- Move patient to a cool environment and attempt to cool. Remove as many clothes as possible and apply cold pack, cool wash cloths to lateral chest walls, groin and axillary areas.
- Administer IV fluids, Normal Saline 20 ml/kg bolus followed by IVF. Titrate until signs and symptoms are resolved.
- Pediatric — Normal saline 20ml/kg bolus
- If seizure present, see Seizure Guidelines
- Block, J., Lilienthal, M., Cullen, L., White, A. (2012). Evidence-Based Thermoregulation for Adult Trauma Patients. Critical Care Nursing Quarterly, 35 (1): 50-63
Return to Resource List