The Adolescent Health Program is dedicated to treating any problem in an adolescent which persists or requires more specialized treatment than is usually available at the primary care level. The range of services is broad, and includes treatment for physical, emotional, and behavioral problems. Most adolescents are referred to us by their primary care provider, or though the request of a parent or adolescent to their primary care provider. Patients are seen at the Riley Outpatient Center or at iU Health North Medical Center. Our clinical services include:
- Chronic health problems which do not respond to treatment
- Reproductive health care including gynecological and menstrual problems, family planning, and prevention
- Evaluation and treatment of eating disorders and nutritional problems, including weight management
- Diabetes management for those 15 years and older
- Evaluation and management of sports injuries
Depending on the services, patients are seen at several locations at IU Medical Center as well as at community health centers throughout Indianapolis. For information on individual clinics click here: Clinics
Adolescents requiring hospitalization for medical needs are cared for in a special inpatient unit in Riley Hospital for Children.