Shamaila Waseem, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
705 Riley Hospital Drive, ROC 4210
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Areas of Interest
Pediatric gastrointestinal motility
Dr. Waseem’s primary research interest is gastroparesis and other gastrointestinal motility disorders.
|1997||MBBS, University of Punjab, King Edward Medical College|
|2006||MD, University of Florida|
Honors & Awards
|2006-2007||Outstanding fellow of the year Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida|
|2007-2009||Accepted in the Fellowship of Advanced Post Graduate Program of Clinical Investigation (APPCI), an NIH-funded K-30 award|
Riley Hospital Outpatient Center
575 Riley Hospital Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Riley Children's Specialists
IU North Hospital
11700 N Meridian St, Ste. 240
Carmel, IN 46032
Research & Grants
Dr. Waseem's primary research interest is gastroparesis and other gastrointestinal motility disorders.
1. Waseem S and Gwinn-Hardy K. Pain in Parkinson’s disease: a common yet seldom recognized symptom. Postgrad Med. 2001 Dec; 110(6):33-4, 39-40, 46.
2. Buervenich S, Carmine A, Galter D, Shahabi HN, Johnels B, Holmberg B, Ahlberg J, Nissbrandt H, Eerola J, Hellström O, Tienari PJ, Matsuura T, Ashizawa T, Wüllner U, Klockgether T, Zimprich A, Gasser T, Hanson M, Waseem S, Singleton A, McMahon FJ, Anvret M, Sydow O, Olson L. A rare truncating mutation in ADH1C (G78Stop) shows significant association with Parkinson disease in a large international sample. Arch Neurol. 2005 Jan;62(1):74-8
3. Moshiree B, Samuel M, Waseem S. Outcomes of quality of life in patients with gastroparesis. A prospective study. Abstract poster presentation at ACG 2010.
4. Waseem S, Islam S, Kahn G, Moshiree B, Talley N. Spectrum of Gastroparesis in Children. Accepted by JPGN 2011.
5. Waseem S and Gwinn-Hardy K. Brain donation and how it adds to what we understand about the cause of PSP. PSP Advocate.10 (3), 1999.
6. Waseem S and Gwinn-Hardy K. Towards a Definition of Essential Tremor. International Tremor Foundation Newsletter. 13 (4), 1999.
7. Waseem S, Moshiree B, Draganov P. Gastroparesis: Current diagnostic challenges and management considerations. World J Gastroenterol. 2009 Jan 7;15(1):25-37.